CMMI – Capability Maturity Model Integration
However, once CMMI is understood it is transformed into a very different proposition. Firstly it becomes easier to see the structure, objective and approach, and the value becomes much more apparent. Also, the impression that the complexity of the document is excessive is replaced by the realisation that, while far from brief, it is primarily very thorough (even if most applications usually involve considerable ‘pruning’)
Overall, the CMMI provides a comprehensive framework for process assessment which enables an organisation’s maturity to be objectively measured, and highly effective performance improvement plans to be developed then implemented.
Oakland Consulting has recently delivered our CMMI understanding and deployment workshop to a longstanding client in the micro-electronics sector. Their request was for us to help them explore how CMMI could add value to their business and set them on the path to developing their own tailored version.
Our highly interactive 2 day workshop is designed around a number of practical exercises and is structured in five main sessions:
- CMMI in context – its origin, the underlying concept, alternative models and an introduction to process assessment and maturity
- CMMI in detail – performance and maturity characteristics, specific and generic process areas, process capability and the levels of organisational maturity
- Using CMMI to add value – a practical example, and the facilitated application of CMMI to a key process – we used the client’s new product creation process during this session
- Design of a client specific methodology – based on the principles of CMMI and recognised best practice
- Next steps planning – agreement on the specific actions to take CMMI forward within the client
Typically, this is the first step towards creating a framework that allows the current level of process maturity to be assessed across the business (and across multiple sites if necessary) targeted plans for improvement to be developed, and the progress of improvement activities to be tracked.
So, what can at first appear to be a ‘monster’ of a document can be transformed into a pragmatic tool that drives continuous improvement in quality and business performance. Quite a transformation.